Are you taking advantage of all of the opportunities, offerings, and options offered by NCGS as part of your school’s membership? Review the following check list for tips on how to maximize your member benefits.
Are you presenting, contributing, and learning from other girls’ school experts and positioning your school as a thought-leader at national and international conferences and regional symposiums? Are you advancing your skills by subscribing to our PEP Talks podcast or enrolling in online courses?
- Educating Girls Symposiums
- NCGS Conferences
- Beyond the Book Author Series
- PEP Talks: Podcast on Educational Possibilities – subscribe to podcast that brings together experts from NCGS member schools to share and discuss best practices in educating and empowering girls
- Introduction to Girls’ Schools – enroll your new hires – be they seasoned educators or new professionals – in an online course for teachers and administrators new to all-girls schools
Are you participating in national research studies about the effectiveness of girls’ schools? Are you using statistics and benchmarks to make strategic data-driven decisions?
- High School Survey on Student Engagement (HSSSE) – collect data (targeting grades 9-12) that can be used to optimize teaching and learning; HSSSE is administered by the Center for Evaluation and Education Policy at Indiana University
- Middle Grades Survey on Student Engagement (MGSSE) – collect data (targeting grades 5-9) that can be used to optimize teaching and learning; MGSSE is administered by the Center for Evaluation and Education Policy at Indiana University
- Annual Enrollment Surveys – assess the decision-making of prospective, non-enrolling, and enrolling families with a set of three customized online questionnaires for admission offices
- Research Reports – search our curated online archive of over 175 studies indexed by 16 topics on issues related to girls’ education and healthy development
Are you connecting to and collaborating with the vast NCGS global network of 15,000 educators and 950,000 alumnae?
- The Coalition Connection – subscribe to the bi-monthly newsletter informing members about research findings, professional development and program opportunities, the latest headlines, etc.
- Job Postings – post openings on the NCGS website at no charge
- Girls’ School NET: Networking and Empowering Together – join other NCGS schools participating in ready-made, cost-effective regional alumnae events
- HEADWAYS – connect virtually with fellow senior administrators for interactive hour-long facilitated conversations to discuss pre-arranged topics relevant to your post
Are you using all the NCGS resources to help advance the case for girls’ schools?
- Publications – use and distribute publications at admissions, donor, and alumnae events
- Infographics – display Girls’ School Advantage: By the Numbers infographics posters and digital files in your school, on your website, and on social media
- Videos – post the Girls’ School Advantage: By the Numbers slideshow, The Power of All-Girls Schools, and Why Girls’ Schools? videos on your website and social media to make the persuasive case in support of girls’ schools
- Blog – follow and share the Raising Girls’ Voices blog, featuring experts in girls’ education
- Social Media – follow NCGS on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram and repurpose content to supplement your school’s social media
- Press – partner with NCGS to write Op-Eds and to provide your media contacts with third-party expertise on the benefits of all-girls schools
- NCGS Logo – show your girls’ school community pride by adding the NCGS logo to your school website