Headways provides school leaders the opportunity to connect virtually, using the video-conferencing tool Zoom, to discuss operational issues relevant to their post. Open to all NCGS member schools, interested individuals gather for small group, one hour-long facilitated conversations throughout the school year to discuss pre-arranged and time-sensitive topics.
Headways is deliberately designed to be an interactive conversation among colleagues – as opposed to a webinar – whereby participants share and receive ideas and information. Among the goals of the program is to develop a “team cohort” of trusted colleagues who together form a small learning community and can be called upon to be resources/mentors for one another throughout the year and into the future. Each participant will be asked to consider the following questions in advance of each conversation:
- How does my school address this topic?
- How do I wish my school addressed this topic?
- And, what is keeping my school and me from making this wish a reality?
Available exclusively to NCGS member schools, each cohort includes five conversation topics. A registration fee of $200 is required by each participant. Space is very limited with preference given to new, first-time participants who can commit to joining every session within a cohort.
After a successful pilot program in 2015-2016 for Heads of School, the program expanded in 2016-2017 to include two additional cohorts focused on Admissions Directors and Professional Development Coordinators. Headways expanded even further in 2017-2018 with four new cohorts for Athletic Directors, Middle School Directors, School Counselors, and Advancement Directors.
Click on the titles below to view the schedules and topics for each of the seven cohorts in 2017-2018:
- HEADWAYS for Heads of School: Leading the Way SOLD OUT
- HEADWAYS for Admissions Directors: The Girls’ School Advantage SOLD OUT
- HEADWAYS for Professional Development Coordinators: Teachers as Learners
- HEADWAYS for Athletic Directors: Developing Girl-Centered Athletic Programs SOLD OUT
- HEADWAYS for Middle School Directors: Teaching and Learning during the Magical Middle Years SOLD OUT
- HEADWAYS for School Counselors: Fostering Health Development
- HEADWAYS for Advancement Directors: Women in the Philanthropic Driver’s Seat SOLD OUT
Registration for 2017-2018 is closed. Information and registration for the 2018-2019 series will be available in August.