Headways™ provides school leaders the opportunity to connect virtually, using the video-conferencing tool Zoom, to discuss operational issues relevant to their post. Open to all NCGS member schools, interested individuals gather for small group, one hour-long facilitated conversations throughout the school year to discuss pre-arranged and time-sensitive topics.
“Thank you for bringing us all together – this has been a wonderful experience; one of the best professional development experiences I’ve had. NCGS is doing some of the most deliberately forward-thinking and intersectional work out there.”
–Bill Ivey, Middle School Dean | Stoneleigh-Burnham School
Headways™ is deliberately designed to be an interactive conversation among colleagues – as opposed to a webinar – whereby participants share and receive ideas and information. Among the goals of the program is to develop a “team cohort” of trusted colleagues who together form a small learning community and can be called upon to be resources/mentors for one another throughout the year and into the future. Each participant will be asked to consider the following questions in advance of each conversation:
- How does my school address this topic?
- How do I wish my school addressed this topic?
- And, what is keeping my school and me from making this wish a reality?
Available exclusively to NCGS member schools, each cohort includes five conversation topics. A registration fee of $250 is required by each participant. Space is very limited with preference given to new, first-time participants who can commit to joining every session within a cohort.
Save your spot for a 2019-2020 cohort of Headways™ by pre-registering today! When registration opens in early September 2019, NCGS will contact you to submit your official registration and payment before registration opens to the public.
Click on the cohort to view discussion topics for 2019-2020:
- Admissions/Enrollment Directors
- Advancement/Development/Alumnae Relations Directors
- Athletic Directors
- College Counselors
- Communications/Marketing Directors
- Deans of Students/Student Activities Coordinators
- Diversity Practitioners
- Educational Technology Specialists NEW!
- Fine & Performing Arts Directors NEW!
- Global Learning/Exchange Coordinators
- Heads of School
- Heads of School at All-Boys and All-Girls Schools (offered in partnership with the International Boys’ Schools Coalition)
- Humanities Teachers NEW!
- Lower School Directors
- Middle School Directors
- STEM Teachers NEW!
- Tuition-Free Schools Senior Level Administrators NEW!
- Upper School Directors
- World/Foreign Language Teachers NEW!
“My participation in Headways™ was an incredibly valuable professional development experience. The time commitment was manageable even during the busiest times of the year, and the format is very convenient. What I gained was insight into how my counterparts at other schools dealt with issues that are relevant and specifically in girls’ schools, in a small group setting that nurtured collaboration, camaraderie, and peer networking. I highly recommend this opportunity.”
–Theresa Kiernan, Director of Advancement and Admissions | Trinity Hall