Proposal Deadline: November 16, 2018
We invite you to share your knowledge and expertise at the Educating Girls Symposium by developing an interactive and engaging presentation highlighting your work in girls’ schools. This is a valuable opportunity to contribute to the expanding portfolio of best practices about teaching girls and to help facilitate conversations among peers and colleagues.
The Educating Girls Symposium audience includes heads of school, administrators, faculty, counselors, and educational professionals from both all-girls and coed schools that serve PK-12th grade students primarily in the state of New York (although attendees from across the U.S., Canada, and abroad may also be present).
Each workshop will be 50 minutes in length and must include opportunities for interaction and Q&A. There may be up to four (4) facilitators per session.*
*Special consideration will be given to proposals that include multiple presenters from different schools in a panel discussion or other collaborative presentation format.
- Alignment with conference topic
- Potential to attract and engage professionals who work with girls PK-12 in and out of school settings both formally or informally
- Opportunities for attendee involvement and interaction
- Examples, case studies, practical tools or models that can be applied immediately back in the home classroom
- Comfort, skill, and experience with leading and moderating discussions
Instructions for Submission
Click here for the online application.
Please be sure to complete all required fields. You may propose more than one session, but separate proposal submissions are required.
- Selections will be determined on appropriateness and interest of topic, level of content, and expertise of facilitators.
- NYSAIS and NCGS reserve the right to request modifications to a session proposal before final selections are made.
- By November 26, 2018, NYSAIS and NCGS will email acceptance and declination decisions.
Presenters may attend the conference at a reduced fee of $110. This rate applies to no more than a total of four (4) presenters per session.
If you have questions concerning this CFP or the selection process, please contact Jen Shakeshaft, NCGS Director of Strategic Initiatives & Professional Development, or Marcy Mann, NYSAIS Assistant Director for Professional Development.