The 2020 Educating Girls Symposium, Leading Schools, Leading Girls: Preparing for the Future, will take place on Monday, January 27, at The Hockaday School in Dallas, TX.
We invite you to join educators from the region and across the country to address the following essential questions:
- What are the competencies today’s world demands from leaders?
- How are schools responding to these demands in terms of programming/experiences for girls?
- In what ways are schools deliberately cultivating leadership skills such as confidence and endurance among girls and women?
- In an era of sustainability and strategic advancement, how do schools determine what programs and initiatives are most relevant and critical to their mission?
- How can schools provide opportunities for adults in their communities to grow professionally and model leadership for their students?
- Participants will explore these questions and more in peer-led breakout sessions and hear from keynote speakers.
Participants will explore these questions and more in peer-led breakout sessions and hear from keynote speakers.
NCGS is proud to host this Educating Girls Symposium in partnership with the Young Women’s Preparatory Network.
This event is made possible by the generosity of our sponsor, Grand Classroom.
Grand Classroom is a travel organization based in Virginia that organizes experiential educational programs for students. In addition to the important character-building aspects of student travel, the participants are exposed to a constant stream of interactive lessons in science, history and conservation.
Students working with Grand Classroom are outside the majority of the trip, and learn by hands-on experience with docents and expert guides. In this age of cell phones, computers, television and video games, the staff of Grand Classroom believes that students benefit greatly from education combined with movement and outdoor activity. The trips go to National Parks, historic cities and destinations abroad. Each adventure is customized to meet the objectives of each group.