Proposal Deadline: November 22, 2019
We invite you to share your knowledge and expertise at the 2020 NCGS Conference, Stand Up, Speak Up: Stand Up, Speak Up: Girls Using Their Voices to Engage, Empower, and Enact, by developing an interactive and engaging presentation highlighting your work in girls’ schools.
The anticipated audience of over 600 women and men attending the 2020 NCGS Conference are educators, researchers, advocates, authors, practitioners, and related-industry leaders from across the globe dedicated to working with girls and young women. They serve PK-12th grade girls and young women in a wide range of settings, including independent, tuition-free, public, charter, religiously-affiliated, and coed schools.
- Breakout Session: Traditional 50-minute session (up to 4 total presenters, average audience size: 20-30 people).
- INSPIRE! Session: 50-minute session made up of two identical, back-to-back interactive 25-minute “speed innovating” mini-sessions (up to 2 presenters; average audience size: 8-12 people per mini-session, so 16-24 in total). Multiple INSPIRE! Sessions are held concurrently in one large room, and there is no access to A/V equipment or electricity.
- SNAP! Session: 50-minute session made up of 5-6 rapid-fire presentations. Each presenter has 6-7 minutes to tell a story using a maximum of 14 slides to help bring the story to life. This format is similar to the popular PechaKucha style of presenting.
- Alignment with conference theme and essential questions.
- Potential to attract, engage, and interact with professionals who work with girls (PK-12) in and out of school settings, formally and informally.
- Demonstrable impact on the education and healthy development of girls and young women.
- Clear content, objectives, goals, tools, and takeaways that can be applied by participants.
- Representation of both innovation and practicality.
- Comfort, skill, and experience with leading and moderating discussions.
Instructions for Submission
Click here for the online application.
Please be sure to complete all required fields. If needed, you may edit your proposal at a later date. You may propose more than one session, but separate proposal submissions are required.
- Selections will be determined on appropriateness of the topic, level of content, opportunities for audience participation, and expertise of facilitators.
- Special consideration will be given to proposals that:
- Include presenters from multiple schools/organizations.
- Go beyond the details of a specific program or course and offer attendees a “behind the scenes look” at underlying principles, decision-making processes, and measurements of success.
- NCGS reserves the right to request modifications to a session proposal before final selections are made.
- If a proposal is selected for inclusion at the 2020 NCGS Conference, NCGS reserves the right to assign the time of the selected sessions at its sole discretion. NCGS also reserves the right to edit session titles and/or descriptions to meet its editorial and marketing requirements.
- NCGS will email acceptance and declination decisions in late December.
- It is the expectation of NCGS that presenters will be full attendees of the Conference and, as such, will be present and be engaged throughout the three-day Conference.
- Presenters can attend the Conference at a reduced rate of $425 ($500 after April 27, 2020).
If you have questions concerning the Call for Proposals or the selection process, please contact Jen Evers, NCGS Director of Strategic Initiatives & Professional Development.