Posted: Mar. 11, 2019
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
The Harpeth Hall School seeks a candidate with a bachelor’s degree, excellent interpersonal skills, a strong sense of ethics, impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to coordinate tasks in a deadline-driven environment. This candidate should be able to communicate effectively and tactfully in written and verbal communication. The Middle School Administrative Assistant enjoys working with students, parents, and faculty. The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office and have a willingness to learn new technology as it becomes available and is deemed appropriate for the position. Experience working as an administrative assistant in required and experience working in a school environment is preferred.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and welcome all visitors to the Middle School Office and provide assistance as needed
- Assist students, parents, and faculty with questions, which arise daily in person, via email or telephone.
- Maintain records of attendance for all Middle School students.
- Provide full secretarial support to the Director of the Middle School including correspondence, agendas, reports, and presentations. Maintain all files pertaining to the administrative office, order supplies as necessary, sort mail and assist with email for Director.
- Maintain student files for the Middle School office.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls to the Middle School and to the Director’s office, taking messages as needed.
- Maintain daily schedule and appointments for Director, including coordination of various meetings.
- Process various mailings and email communication throughout the year.
- Coordinate responses to all resumes for job openings.
- Collaborate on special event planning and manage facilities and catering requests.
Harpeth Hall is committed to an inclusive program, and candidates with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity or inclusion work are especially encouraged to apply.